Gemstone Elixirs & Waters are water that has been charged with the vibration of specific gemstones. Water is almost magical in its ability to accept and hold various energies and transfer them wherever needed.
The simplest way to take advantage of this is to place a cleansed gemstone into a glass or jug of purified water and leave it in direct sunlight for at least two hours. This would be considered a Gem Water. The main reason to make a Gem Water is to improve the quality of your drinking water.
Clear Quartz is the best stone to use for enhancing drinking water.
The energy of Quartz is considered “neutral” or “unspecific”.
It provides qualities such as freshness, energy, clarity and vitality.
The Greek origin of the word Crystal or Krystallos, means frozen water or ice.
Clear Quartz supports and improves water’s inherent quality as a pure, clear source of life.
Amethyst and Rose Quartz, which are both varieties of Quartz, are often used together with Clear Quartz to create a “Basic Mixture” to enhance the quality of drinking water. By adding Amethyst and Rose quartz, the energy of the water changes from neutral or unspecific to include the properties of Amethyst - Physical, Emotional and Mental balance; and Rose Quartz - Loving, Calming and Creative.
The advantage of gem waters made with varieties of Quartz, is that they can be used long term, by anyone without any adverse effects.
A GEMSTONE ELIXIR is a more formalized method of creating a therapeutic gemstone remedy for a specific ailment and then adding a preservative so that it can be stored and used long term.
When making Gemstone Elixirs and Waters, the vibrational signature or essence stored in the crystals or gemstones that are used, is transferred into the water.
When the water is taken internally or applied externally it has similar effects to when the crystals themselves are used in healing.
It is important to note that it is not any physical substance that is transferred to the water - particles of the gemstones should not dissolve into the water - it is only the vibrational signature or essence of that particular stone that is conveyed into the water.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO GET STARTED
- A clear glass jug or bowl with a lid or something to cover with while it is outdoors. Try to choose plain glass as any symbols or patterns on the glass could influence the energy of the elixir.
- Filtered, Spring or Distilled water .
- Gemstones of your choice that have been cleansed both physically & energetically.
It is best to use smooth or tumbled stones. Do not use stones that are attached to a matrix.
- A Good Attitude and Eagerness to work with the subtle Energy of Gemstones ;-)
I usually use filtered tap water to make gem waters and elixirs. In fact I keep two tumbled Clear Quartz crystals, that have been programmed to help with the filtration and purification of the water, permanently in the filter jug.
Some people prefer to use natural bottled Spring Water. While others feel that the high mineral content in certain Spring Water may block the absorption of the Gemstone’s Essence. These people may prefer to use Distilled Water.
HOW TO MAKE A GEM WATER OR ELIXIR
- Choose a bright sunny day.
- Make sure that your equipment is absolutely clean.
- Set the intention for the elixir, for example, “I am making an elixir to help me heal my aching back” or “I am making this elixir to help me with my studies”. Then choose a crystal or gemstone that is appropriate for that purpose. If you can’t find a specific stone for your needs, then a quartz crystal can be programmed to help with your needs.
- Place the cleansed stone in the glass container of your choice.
- Leave it in the sunlight where it can’t get knocked over and let the sun do some further cleansing and charging for about fifteen minutes.
- Then pour the pure water into the glass that already has the stone in it and cover it with a lid.
~ You may want to use your pendulum to determine how many hours the gem elixir needs to be left in the sun. Usually about 3 - 5 hours, during which time the sun can imprint the gemstone’s essence into the water.
~ If you are attuned to Reiki you can use your symbols to charge the elixir. You can also leave your elixir in moonlight for the three days around the full moon or within a six-pointed star crystal grid layout in the sun or moon to make it extra potent.
7. When ready, bring your essences in from the sun. You may want to silently affirm that the elixir be dedicated to the Highest Good of all concerned.
8. Sip or drink the water slowly - acknowledging and accepting insights from the new essence it now contains. You may experience a slight tingling on your tongue.
- a. Gem Water placed in Sun
- b. Bubbles start forming on Crystals after 1hr
- c. Bubbles on Gems after 2hrs of exposure to Sun.
IF THE ELIXIR IS TO BE KEPT FOR MORE THAN ONE DAY, YOU NEED TO ADD A PRESERVING MEDIUM
TO PRESERVE THE ELIXIR FOR LONGTERM USE
- Using boiling water, sterilize a smallish bottle (50 or100ml) with a tight lid. Preferably a blue, green or brown dropper bottle.
- Pour the equivalent of one third of the bottle full with vodka, brandy or apple cider vinegar. These are preserving agents.
- Fill the bottle to the top with the Gem Elixir using a sterilized funnel. Replace dropper and lid
- Shake the bottle to make sure that the Elixir and preservative have blended well.
- Label the bottle with the name of Gemstone and date.
This mixture is considered a “Mother Tincture”.
TO MAKE UP A STOCK BOTTLE FOR DAILY USE
- Sterilize a smaller (20ml) coloured glass dropper bottle.
- Fill a quarter of the stock bottle with vodka, brandy or apple cider vinegar and then almost fill with pure water.
- Add 4 drops of the mother tincture. Shake well.
Make sure you label your bottles with the name of gemstone, date and MT (Mother Tincture) or stock. Store in a cool dark place.
HOW TO USE THE ELIXIR STOCK
- Take at least three drops under the tongue, twice a day.
- Add four drops to a glass of water and sip.
- Rub into pulse points.
- Rub onto chakra points to soothe or energize.
- Spray into the aura for cleansing and protection.
- Add to bath water.
- Spray around a room to clear a space and uplift energy. An Amethyst elixir would be ideal to spray in your meditation area.
The essence becomes more potent with each dilution. It might sound weird, but it is similar to homoeopathy, where you find that, the higher the dilution the stronger the effect.
As you see it is actually quite a simple process to make your own essences. It can be a deeply satisfying experience especially when you start to feel and see the results from using it.
Some gemstones and crystals that are quite safe to use externally, may release toxic substances if they are placed directly in water. For this reason, if you are unsure of the toxicity of any stone, rather use the “indirect” method of preparing your gem water or elixir, this will be described in another Blog post soon.
In general, almost all blue and green stones, especially brightly coloured ones, contain copper and or arsenic and are unsafe to use for creating gem elixirs with the direct method.
Softer stones or shiny, metallic stones are not safe to use with the direct method either, so I would recommend that you start off by only using stones from the Quartz family until you are familiar with the hardness of the stones you would like to work with as well as any toxicity warnings.
NEVER USE Realgar, Orpiment (Arsenic), Stibnite, Galena, Cinnabar (Mercury), Copper based minerals - including Azurite and Malachite - or other compounds of Mercury, Arsenic or Lead using the conventional method.
I WILL EXPLAIN THE PROCESS OF MAKING "INDIRECT" GEMSTONE ELIXIRS USING THESE TOXIC MINERALS IN A SEPARATE BLOG.